Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Husband is a Good Man

Drew... he is so quiet. Not lots to say about much. Sometimes that makes me crazy. Me on the other hand... I am a talker. I come from a long line of talkers. I can talk for hours and never tire of talking. But this isn't the point.

This whole move was for us. Me and him. My soul mate and I. We picked out a property that screamed (whispered) our names and we went for it. Yes, I have been up and down about it. SO much work. Can we really do this? Will it always look this way? What have I done?

But Drew, ever so patient, keeps asking me to trust him. He says it will look like a million dollars when it is done. 'But baby,' I say, 'what about the pasture, and the driveway, and the rest of the fencing, and the landscaping in the yard, and the.... (my mind goes on and on, constantly thinking)'. How does he reply? 'Trust me, please.' That's all. 3 tiny words. So I put my faith in him.

He has worked so hard getting this property ready. Bush hogging, putting up fence, building up creek beds (the mud hole), cleaning, installing, sweating... tirelessly. A few things that he has done especially for me are small things, but awesome things. I needed shelf space in the closets. He put up shelves in the closets. (they are tiny by the way). I asked for more storage space under the kitchen cabinets... he made it so.



If I couldn't reach, he did it for me. And the list goes on. Just last weekend, he worked all day, both days fencing in a paddock for my horses. Maybe they will come home this weekend.

I couldn't be happier. I have a man that does things for me, solely to put a smile on my face. He wants me to be happy, and he knew this transition would be hard on me. He has been so great. We still have so much to do. Years of work. But I will always trust him... even though it may take some convincing!!! =) Right now as I type, he is washing my truck. I didn't even ask. It is just the kind of guy he is. Thank you.

A couple of weeks ago, he was outside. He was supposed to be bush hogging the pasture. It was hot, so I drove out to him to give him some ice tea. Much to my surprise, he was plowing up my driveway!!! I was livid. He said his 3 magic words, and I left him to it, cursing under my breath. What I thought was going to be a sandy mess, actually turned into a halfway decent driveway. It is smooth and everything. Now, if we could only get some rain to pack it down and get rid of the dust. Unfortunately, he doesn't have it all under control. But if he did, I'm sure it would be done.


Drew, I appreciate all of the things you do for me. No matter how big, or how small. I may be difficult at times, but... well... I will always be difficult. Thanks, Babe! Love You! xoxx Me

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love the place. You guys did a great job. I hope things go smoothly from now on.