Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!



Not a major day of too much other than crappy weather. Again. But at least this time it is cooling down some. No more rain on the forecast (as of yet anyway), for the next week, but tons of sunny and cooler instead. I'll take that. Bug and I need to get out of the house more for fresh air and exercise. Kind of miserable when it is almost 90 outside and muggy. Remember that ol' nasty driveway of mine? Well, it is STILL nasty when it rains. Drew tries to smooth it out on a regular basis, but with the amount of rain we have been having, it makes it difficult, so right now it is muddy and severely rutted. I am about over it. One good storm renders it impossible for me to get out for a couple of days, and when I can, my poor little SUV ends up looking like a freak show mom car that just attempted to race the Bigfoot truck at a mud bog. Add in leaning into it to lock in a car seat in the middle, and I end up just as muddy. What an issue. One day maybe I will have a normal mud/dust free drive way. It will take some major dirt being brought in to build it up, and some widening so our tires stay out of the puddles. In a perfect world, there will be rock or gravel on top of that for a little traction. I'm not holding my breath though.

Speaking of SUV's, we are thinking of upgrading to a Ford Expedition. My truck is almost paid off, and it is very tiny with a car seat in the back, so when one of us are back soothing Chase, we have to sit pretty much on one butt cheek to fit. And leg room (for Drew at least) is non existent. My little stubs fit, but not very comfortably. We had been discussing waiting until my truck was paid off before getting another, but what the heck, right? There will be a payment anyway, and if we can stay within the budget we already have set, it will be ok. Yeah, Brandi... keep telling yourself that.

So, prompted by my husband, we got out of the house for a little bit this afternoon. We drove to the big metropolis of Crestburg and looked at vehicles. I freaking HATE how pushy car sales people are. I get that they are supposed to be that way, and it is how they make a living, but for crying out loud, quit breathing down my neck already!!! One of them tried to guilt me into coming inside to meet the manager by saying if we didn't he would get in trouble. Okiedokie. Sure you will. He was even more upset when I wouldn't give him our home number. Like I want pressure calls all next week when I am not even 100% sure that I am even going to go through with this. His response? 'I was a bail bondsman for years... believe me, I can get your number.' My rebuttal? 'I dare you. I keep an airhorn by the phone for telemarketers.' ::end convo:: ((hehehe))

While we were in town, after eating at McDonald's, of course (yes, I am still addicted to the fries. My kid entered the world thinking he was a fry) we went to the Fall Festival downtown and watched podunk's finest walk around. The kids walking around with their trick-or-treat bags were cute. Some of the adults, not so much. Some people just have no business dressing up as a playboy bunny, or a hooker, or pretty much anything that covers less than 3% of their body when their body is 100% bigger than the normal Susie Q. I am not bashing the overweight. Hell, I am overweight. I just think sometimes people need to look in the mirror before they leave the house, Halloween or not. Not everyone wants to see their girly bits in the daylight. I know I don't. But it did make for great entertainment, as much as I hate to admit it! A few times all I could say was WOW! I reckon I had better stop before I dig myself a hole I can't get out of. If I can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

That was our day. Chase enjoyed getting out I think. Lots to look at. He was especially happy when Mommy took him out of the stroller and carried him. He was mesmerized by all of the going ons, and I really enjoyed watching him soak it all in. It never ceases to amaze me. Hopefully, it was enough to keep him asleep until tomorrow. The sleep issue is a can of worms I dare not open tonight. Better head to sleep... just in case. =)


Oh... don't forget to turn back your clock! Don't let the ghouls get ya!

No comments: