Saturday, October 25, 2008

Oops, he did it again... and again!!!

You know... I knew that the bad feeling I had when Drew was plowing up my driveway was there for a reason. Yesterday, we left to go to town to run some errands. We had gotten about 2 1/2 inches of rain, and the weather was still pretty dreary. But, we took a chance. The last time it rained, our driveway was a mud hole, sucking the life out of any vehicle taken on it for several days. But Drew fixed it.

Or did he???

Back to the story. The weather was nasty, but we had some driving to do, so we took a chance on the driveway and took my little Escape. Surprisingly, it went the whole way out then back in without getting stuck!!! It was a bit slippery, but no tow rope was needed, so it was a success none the less!

Drew brought home his work truck the night before last, knowing that he had to make a trip to Andalusia for some tractor parts. After we returned from our errands, we loaded up in that big, ugly Dodge to head out. Halfway down the drive... you guessed it!

S.T.U.C.K.!

Right away, this pisses me off, which in turn pisses Drew off, throwing him into one of his award winning temper tantrums (one of these days I will video tape one, when he doesn't know what I am doing... such entertainment, but also the point where I shut up!!!), getting the truck stuck even deeper in the mud. He sets off for his 1/2 mile walk down the drive, back to the house, through the original mud hole (creek) which is REALLY deep right now, to get his truck. He comes spinning back, attaches the tow rope, and makes me pull him out. So now, we have 2 trucks in the middle of the drive... no... they aren't both stuck. We park the red Ford, and both get back into the work Dodge, and head off again. It wasn't 25 yards later... you guessed it... stuck AGAIN!!! Not once, but TWICE!!!! Hahaha!

By now, Drew is so mad I worry that his head might explode right off the top of his shoulders, and I am trying so hard not to laugh my ass off, because I know that if he sees how entertained that I am, I will end up dead in a ditch somewhere (only kidding!). Again, I am left in the truck while Drew goes to get the other one. Luckily, he doesn't have as far to walk this time, nor does he have to venture through the creek. Same deal, Drew comes back and I pull him out. By now, the driveway looks like a redneck mud slingin' hole. And now, the new rule is, if it is raining and slick, the work truck is no longer allowed on the drive. It is the only vehicle that gets stuck. Probably because it is a Dodge!!!!

We went to Andalusia, dropped the work truck off at the farm and came home. Nope, the other truck didn't get stuck, and we even tested it again last night when we went into town. Now Drew gets to fix the driveway again. I am so sure that he is looking forward to that task, but maybe the 3rd time is the charm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow - some 'adventure' you had there :))... Poor you guys! Hope that you will get this driveway fixed soon so that you don't have to fight this problem everytime it is raining.

Love ya.